Link building plays a very relevant role in your Search Engine Optimization and driving huge traffic to your website. If you are not using backlinks, then you must be losing a major part of traffic.
Since search engines have become more particular about the quality of backlinks, it is essential to create quality backlinks instead of focusing on quantity.
We have prepared a complete guide to link building with at most transparency to help you practice the best techniques to create good-quality backlinks.
What Is Link Building?
Link building is the process of building hyperlinks from an external website to your own. Quality link building can help you assures the search engine that the content provided on the site is of good quality and is relevant to the users. This would help in the better search engine ranking of your website or content.
The Anatomy Of A Hyperlink?
The anatomy of a hyperlink consists of an anchor, target, and link. You need to look into these three factors to create a successful hyperlink:
The anchor can be of any text, image, object, or picture. An anchor text is a textual representation of any hyperlink. It is typically identified using the A tag.
Link building This indicates that the text “Link building” is the anchor text in this link.
Target is anything you link to, or that specifies where to open the document which is linked. The destination or landing page may be other HTML documents or any resource. Any addressable object may be used as the target of a hypertext link. The target in the above-given example would be www.linkbuilding.com, where the users would be directed to see the information.
The link is which connects the target with the anchor.
How To Do Link Building In SEO?
Some of the best link-building methods in SEO are:
- The first method is to do a research report and case study.
- Find the strongest competitor’s healthy backlinks.
- Recover your dead backlinks
- Newsletter subscriptions
- Use social media platforms to build links.
- You can use link-building tools.
How Does Link Building Help SEO?
Backlinks play a very vital role in enhancing your website’s Search Engine Optimization. Building good quality backlinks is much more important than creating many of them. Creating high-quality backlinks helps you to rank your website at higher positions in the search engine.
Through backlinks, the search engine gets assurance that the quality of the content on your site must be better. This would help you to get more traffic.
How Does Link Building Benefit Our Local’s SEO?
Local link building is the method of building relevant and local links to a business website. The goal is to drive organic traffic. That, in turn, helps to rank sites better for localized searches and appropriate map packs.
Local linking is absolutely vital for ranking in Google, and they are the main factor that helps in ranking a site.
Some of the advantages of local SEO are given below:
- You get an increase in traffic.
- Gain popularity of your business.
- High conversion rates.
- Low advertising cost.
- Easy to understand and optimize.
- Long-lasting ranking.
- Gain more local reviews.
Make sure while preparing for local SEO that you are using local language or famous local words to get a better ranking. You also need to work on popular keywords to get the best result.
How Many Types Of Link Building?
There are different types of backlinks are explained below:
- No follow: The no-follow links are not valuable and are also not so common. They do not affect the search engine ranking and also tell the search engine to ignore the link. A no-follow backlink looks like this- Some examples of sites that use no-follow links are Blog comments, Quora, Guest post signatures, Editable Wiki pages, Forum posts, etc.
- Do follow: Dofollow links are very common and are used for increasing the search engine ranking of a site or webpage. Every time you use a do-follow link on your website. It indicates to the search engine that the link is organic and the content on the site is worthy of being seen by the users. The do-follow links work as an important part of the Search Engine Optimization strategy.
- User-generated links: These types of links are of low quality as they are not likely to be counted by the search engine.
Some examples of user-generated links are given below:
- Unmoderated blog comments
- Infographic embeds
- User profile pages
- Guest post
- Forum signatures
These types of links are not very useful and also do not pass the authority.
- Risky and non-risky backlinks: There are also links that may get you into difficulty with search engines if they’re generated using tactics outside their guidelines. Major search engines have teams of people who focus on finding websites that control their search results with stealthy tactics.
What Are 5 Different Link Building Techniques?
The five different link-building techniques are:
Create and Distribute Infographics
Infographics are a good source of generating quality backlinks. A large number of companies use infographics to take huge benefits from them. Since creating and distributing infographics communicate better to the users and you may simultaneously generate more leads for your business. Just make sure while creating infographics that they must be attractive and informative to grab the user’s attention.
Get Active on Social Media
People have a very common approach to Social media nowadays. A large number of the population is active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. You can easily create organic backlinks on these social media platforms to drive traffic to your website. You can also gain good search engine ranking by creating backlinks and sharing information on these platforms. If you are not using social media for your brand, you are definitely going to lose a large audience.
Use Resource Links From Trusted Sites
You can use resource links from trusted sites to create your target audience. Resource links can be a great source of marketing. Resource links have a higher potential as an SEO strategy. The resource pages have more chances of being trusted and believed in by a user; therefore, it’s a good option for your site’s SEO.
Check Competitors’ Backlinks
Always have an eye on your competitor’s actions. If they are at a higher position than you in terms of ranking, then find out where you are lacking behind. If you spy on your competitor, it will help you to know which keyword they are ranking and from where their links are coming from. You can spy on your competitor through a competition research tool.
The Skyscraper Technique Links Building
Skyscraper is a link-building technique that would help in creating engaging content. The main factor in the skyscraper technique is to create unique and better content than which are already present on the internet. If you have created better quality content, it would be easy for you to create a large number of backlinks and get more traffic.
How Does Link Building Work?
Creating internal and external backlinks provides a better user experience. These types of backlinks decrease the bounce rate and help you in better search engine ranking. Through internal backlinks, you can redirect your website’s visitors to other informative pages on your site. Internal backlinks are easy to create and manage.
External backlinks are a bit difficult to build as you need to link your webpage to some other’s site. It is important to create authentic external backlinks to get a better search engine ranking. This is how exactly external backlinks work.
Strategies For Successful Link Building
While building backlinks, it is very important to create an effective set of strategies. The strategies would help you to rank better in the search engine and get more traffic to your website.
Some of the strategies for successful backlinks are:
- Guest Posting: Guest posting works as a means of link building that helps to increase your website’s visibility by placing the link on someone else’s blog. To make it easier for you to create links and do guest posting, you can use link-building tools. You can increase traffic to your website by doing so.
- Social Media Backlinks: Social media plays a very important role in getting high traffic and building brand awareness. The social media platform is the best option to gain popularity and drive traffic indirectly from the social media platform to your website.
- Adding URL to a Post: You can add a URL to post a comment or message. Make sure that the URL you provide has a good source of information. Adding URLs can help you to traffic to your website.
- Forum and Blog Comment: Building links by placing your website’s or contents link on Forum and blog comments can bring huge traffic. This method can increase or improve your search engine ranking. You just need to make sure that you create only quality backlinks.
- Broken Link Building: Broken links are the best way to build a good traffic source. Any search engine would appreciate it if such links were fixed and replaced with the right ones. You can find out the broken links of your rivals and get them replaced by the webmaster. It may seem a bit unvarying at first glance, but if applied correctly, this strategy might make a difference.
Link-Building Strategies After Penguin
Since we already know by now that link building plays a very important role in search engine ranking. It is also important to know that after the penguin update, the link building has a few changes.
Some of the strategies of link building after the penguin update is:
- Due to the change in the penguin algorithm, website owners need not just focus on the homepage. They also need to focus on the other pages of their site.
- Create high-quality backlinks as Google make check the quality of the source site where you link your website. If your backlinks are not appropriate, you may lack behind in the search engine ranking.
- Use proper keywords and avoid using too much keyword stuffing. Make sure you distribute the keywords evenly throughout your site.
- You can submit a guest post to a quality blog to drive traffic back to your own website. If you want to attract users to your website, make sure you submit the guest post to a good or high-traffic website.
How to Beat the Google Algorithm While Doing Link Building?
- Grey Hat Techniques
- Inter-link Building
- Multiple Use Of Keywords
- Diversify Digital Marketing Strategies
- Create Multiple Backlinks on Authority Site to get ignored by Google.
- Create backlinks from different Search Engines
- Work On Research Backlinks
Q.1 What Is White Hat Link Building?
White hat link building is creating links that are based on Google’s webmaster guidelines. This type of link building actually means that you are creating links that are authentic and for the benefit of the users.
Q.2 How Important Is Link Building For SEO?
Link building plays a very relevant role in SEO by helping the website pages and website to rank at higher positions in the search engine.
Q.3 How To Create A Link-Building Plan?
To create a link-building plan, you can follow these strategies:
- Be sure of your goals.
- Analyze your competitors and their backlinks.
- Do guest posting.
- Request backlinks from other blog owners and web admins.
- Be socially active.
Q.4 What Is Reciprocal Link Building?
Reciprocal link building is creating a link with other sites or web pages that provide similar content and goods and services.
Q.5 Why Is Local Link Building Important?
Local link building helps you to focus on local Search Engine Optimization of your site. This type of link-building helps you to get better results for your local business. You can use the local language for the keyword which can help you to get a higher SEO ranking and more popularity for your business.
Q.6 How Many Types Of Link Building?
Basically, link building is of two types external and internal.
An external link can be further divided into the following:
- No follow
- Do follow
- User-generated links
- Risky and non-risky backlinks
Q.7 What Are The Best Tools For Link Building?
Some of the best tools for link building are:
- Semrush backlink gap tool
Q.8 What Is Outreach Link Building?
Outreach link building is creating backlinks that give the website an organic search engine ranking. Through backlinks, you can reach new users by driving large traffic. Outreach backlink building may include email outreach, social outreach, influencer outreach, and press outreach.
Q.9 What Is Contextual Link Building?
Contextual links are the embedded links within an article that take a user to another informative page. These links can take the user to another website or keep them within the same website or webpage.