Google, which is the most famous and frequently used search engine, provides a broad platform for inbound marketers. Although, if you are unable to make your website visible on the first page of the relevant keyword searches, you might avoid any sort of traffic from the search engines. According to SearchEngineWatch.com, the top websites fetch 36.4% of the total traffic, which is overlooked by lower-ranked websites. Google shows ten results on the first page when the relevant keyword gets searched. The results depend upon numerous criteria, which include site speed, backlinks, bound rate, and a host-related to other factors. If you can get the topmost position on the first page of Google results, it may act as a booster for your business. Keep in mind. The target isn’t just to occupy the top position but also to maintain it. Bing, one of the popular search engines, reports that websites on the top spot get 42% of the traffic, the second gets 11%, and the third only gets 8%. This report is a straight and simple answer to why your website must be at the top.
Coming to the tools to elevate your website ranking, we have:
- SEO(Search Engine Optimization):
SEO helps in the execution and increasing the quality of any website. It is a process in which the organizations keep track of their site’s ranking and work to improve it. It also involves a continuous update and change in design to make it more attractive and appealing, which may lead to better ranking.
- A survey reveals that about 85% of the customers trust the reviews for analyzing the websites. Therefore, make sure to receive some positive reviews by trusted customers. That would not only increase your company’s reputation but also is excellent for its promotion.
- Contents and keywords have a significant role in SEO marketing. Lengthy materials do not work until it resolves customer’s issues. The content should be precise and easy to understand. The content should fit well with the customer’s intention behind the query.
- SEM- It also proves to be a great tool when it comes to uplift the website’s position. Through this, the website’s visibility increases via paid advertisements.
- A website’s position on the Google page highly depends on the number of inbound links to that website or page. Every link is different when it comes to backlinks. High page rank sites are active than low page rank sites. The inbound links should be from relevant websites to have a good impression on the page rank.
Coming to some mind-blowing statistics:
- In 2017, Google gauged over 79% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55%, and Yahoo at 5.06% (source- NetMarketShare).
- Google receives over 63,000 searches per second on any given day (source- Internet Live Stats).
- According to Andrey Lipattsev, Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google, high-quality content and link building are the two most important criteria used by Google to rank your website for search ( source- Search Engine Watch 2016).
- The average first-page result on Google contains 1,890 words (source- Backlinko2016).
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by 111% (source- Backlinko, 2016).