If you are assisting your clients in strengthening their brand connection with their target audience, high-impact ad engagement should be considered. We live in a world that is overwhelmed with commercials. Furthermore, when the brand and products remain consistent, you must innovate and vary how you express your message. High-impact ad engagements are essential for winning the battle for attention. Moreover, ad engagement has been labeled the “solution for banner blindness.”
Fortunately, with the growth of technology and digital trends, you may create highly interactive commercials, i.e., HTML5-rich media, to reach your campaign goals. It opens up innovative opportunities. With rich media ads, you can develop different personalization and targeting to increase mobile ad engagement and build strong brand connections between businesses and customers.
This blog post will cover ad engagement in more detail and how to optimize your rich media campaigns for high-impact user engagement.
What is Ad Engagement?
Communication between advertisers and consumers has improved thanks to digital marketing. These two have become equal partners in the advertising experience, frequently co-creating the brand’s meaning.
As a result, everyone is attempting to define, identify, and analyze “ad engagement.”
The extent to which your clients like interacting with your adverts is measured by ad engagement. This indicates that increased interaction leads to improve brand connection. Using the best or most recent technologies to create appealing advertisements is not enough.
However, rich media elements like SEO are about more than just technology. You must ensure that you are doing it for others. The main goal is to get people to like and interact with your ad units. Also, to develop the brand’s meaning through memorable experiences that lead to ad engagement and sales.
Key Objectives To Drive Ad Engagement
Quality is the essential objective in driving ad engagement. Users are more inclined toward mobile ads if they think they are helpful. Your ad engagement needs to have more different personalization to achieve relevancy because:
- Mobile buyers are becoming more receptive to relevant advertisements.
- Experts believe that 50% of mobile ads are informative and helpful.
- 40% reported clicking on advertisements, with nearly half doing secondary actions such as viewing a linked website and searching for additional product information.
How To Use Ad Engagement To Improve Your Ad Journey?
Ad engagement is not new, as it primarily deals with HTML5-rich media. These are various ad engagements that provide multiple experiences. What matters is that experience is relevant to the intended audience. Make sure that whatever ad journey you’ve prepared is relevant to them. Personalize your ads and use precise targeting to urge consumers to connect with your ad, increasing ad engagement.
Attract your audience with engaging visuals. Video is the most popular kind of rich media. Videos are highly engaging, but viewer engagement must occur within the first 10 seconds of watching a video. However, these 15-second videos are the best source of rich media ad engagement.
Here are some points to consider when recommending videos to your clients. It’s essential to inform them of the efficacy of their online video advertising budget in the following ways:
Impact Of Video Ad Engagement
- Video promotion is 600% more successful than print and direct mail combinations.
- 60% of site visitors will view a video before reading any text, if available.
Videos Gains More Viewingship
- 80% of viewers recall a video ad they saw in the last 30 days.
- 26% of viewers look for more information about the product.
- Videos help 22% of the viewers visit the product site.
- Videos help 15% of the viewers to visit the brand site.
- Videos help 12% of the viewers complete the purchase.
- Video viewers are 1.81 times more likely to buy than non-viewers.
- After watching a video, 40% of shoppers will visit a store online or in person.
- 46% of questioned customers said that they would look for more information about a product after watching an online video.
- Furthermore, mobile and tablet videos are gaining popularity. Therefore, mobile and tablet customers are 300% more likely than laptop/desktop users to watch a video
Gamify your ad engagement to improve user interaction. Almost everyone enjoys playing video games. According to a recent analysis by the Entertainment Software Association, nearly half of the American population regularly plays video games.
A game app is one of the ideal aspects to insert your ad engagement. If your target audience is mobile game players, you can perform rich media advertising or video graphics on in-app games. Collaborate with game developers or publishers to provide in-app purchases and incentives for progressing to the next level.
Many advertisers are migrating into the mobile games industry since it is a profitable business for ad engagement. It is a tried-and-tested approach for digital marketing that generates cash and conversions for marketers.
Gamification is a powerful platform for rewarded ads, competitions, and enjoyment. This establishes a strong bond with your viewers. They won’t even find your ads engagement annoying because you’re assisting them in advancing in their game.
Social Media Activity
Promote content can boost your ad engagement if turning it into a dialogue. Everyone has highly linked, thanks to social media platforms. Public or internet reviews have a significant impact on purchasing decisions. It can also boost their trust in a brand.
According to the Local Consumer Review Survey, 72% of consumers trust Internet evaluations as much as they make personal recommendations. Furthermore, 52% responded that positive internet evaluations make them more likely to use the company.
You can promote a few different types of social media activities in your rich media ad engagements. You can show audience comments by integrating social feeds. Let users interact with your social media page and comment on the ad. Additionally, viewers can like, follow, or share the brand on social media.
Bring customers to a specific area of your ads engagement. Location is essential in ensuring that the ads are relevant, focusing on the automotive, entertainment, restaurant, and telecom industries.
According to the data from 6,000 US smartphone and tablet users who participated in an online survey and on-device social information, more than 40% of them clicked on the mobile advertisement because it was relevant to their interests or the results of their purchase research. Furthermore, viewers’ high purchasing intent is indicated when they take additional actions after their initial clicks. These prospects can be encouraged to visit the store in the hopes of purchasing if you include a personalized store locator on your ad engagement.
Including a tap-to-call feature and store, locator will help boost the relevance of your ad engagement to consumers. Presenting these values, such as directions to the place or contact information, interacts very effectively with users.
Standard Ad Engagement Measures And Trends
In digital marketing advertising, “Clicks” within the ad unit demonstrate ad engagement. At the same time, clicks to a landing page or deep link are referred to as Click Through Rate utilized as a measurement.
Video Ad Engagement
Here are some key measures for video ad engagement:
- Impressions are the maximum number of video advertisements served.
- User activities include clicking to start, pause, or stop the video.
- Brand favorability, brand awareness, or message linkage.
- Spending Time.
- Completion Rate.
- Influence on search behavior.
- Time forwarding.
Gamification Ad Engagement
Here are some key measures for gamification ad engagement:
- User participation challenges began vs. finished.
- Users who have participated over time, popular vs. disliked challenges based on completion.
- Target user performance and how it affects business success.
Social Media Ad Engagement
Here are some key measures for social media ad engagement:
- User interactions, such as viewing the social feeds on your ad and commenting on it.
- A number of likes.
- A number of shares are accessible.
Location-Based Ad Engagement
Here are some important metrics for store-locator ad engagement:
- People who saw any mobile advertisement were later spotted in the advertiser’s desired area as measured by SVL.
- Improvement in visitor percentage after introducing ads.
To summarize this blog, we believe more ad engagements are needed as digital marketing develops to capture viewers’ interest. These ad engagements will improve and enrich how consumers interact with your client’s brand.
Clearly defined personalization and targeting are essential for producing compelling and engaging commercials. You may develop highly customized and targeted interactive adverts for the ideal customer using HTML5-rich media and technology.
Lastly, you’ll need reliable tracking of such interactions and ad engagements. Optimizing engagement measures is essential in determining the effectiveness of your media and creative strategies.