Landing pages are also referred to as static pages, lead capture pages, or destination pages in online marketing.
It is a web page that opens up to the response of search engine research. These pages are created for marketing purposes or advertising campaigns.
Some examples of the landing page are Shopify, Airbnb, TransferWise, etc. A landing page helps to warm up the visitors with sufficient details about the products and the services the company provides, before finalizing it.
In the world of digital marketing, there is a variety of new vocabulary and numerous sets of concepts. One of them is a landing page, and creating one is, up to an extent, a simple task. Remember, landing pages are essential to lead conversions.
Landing pages can be lead generation based or lead to another page, such as an e-commerce site. They typically offer items such as an e-Book, free trials, contest entry, etc in return for the contact information submitted.
An ideal landing page convinces the customer that it’s worth it to share their details in exchange for the services you are offering. There can be more than one landing page at a time.
The experts themselves suggest that you should maintain multiple landing pages that would target a segmented population of the customer.
Why Only Landing Pages?
Building up the brand and creating a website for it are the initial steps. After all these procedures, one should make sure that all their hard work gets transformed into sales.
For such a compelling lead conversion, leading pages prove to be an efficient tool. Landing pages help to drive traffic, improve SEO, and build up our brand.
Approximately 68% of B2B businesses use landing pages. Out of this, 44% of the clicks are directed toward home pages, which is not a good strategy.
Though landing pages are essential and beneficial, yet many companies don’t use it! That is because of the prevailing misconception that they are hard to create and maintain.
A useful landing page has several things that cover the points discussed below:
- Your potential customers are indulging with you for a reason Deceiving them by not giving them what you have promised would imprint a lousy impression. The landing page serves a different purpose without sharing a detailed history of the company. Even though it still can be an extension of your company.
- Landing pages should be precise and focused. They should serve the end goal of the user
- It may involve a lengthy registration process, which may discourage visitors. If you can’t shorten the process, break it into segments
- The landing page targets the specific spectrum of the audience
Exhilarating Stats Regarding Landing Pages:
- Targeting your pages currently can increase the conversion up to 300%. ( via Steelhouse)
- Including contact information on landing pages increases trust. ( via- Neil Patel)
- 48% of marketers build a different landing page for each new campaign. ( via- Serpstat)
- 52% of agencies that use landing pages test them to improve the quality. ( via Marketing Experiments)
- 37% of top landing pages include testimonials. (Via Nifty Market).
- Long landing pages can generate 220% more leads than short ones. (Via Marketing Experiments).